Agri Labour Australia, our sister company, is an award-winning agricultural recruitment company with clients in every state and territory, with our innovative and unique approach seeing us win Telstra Business of the Year, Australian Small Business Champion, and Best CSR Initiative awards.
Embracing diversity and encouraging a positive working environment for every team member, we're highly supportive of our staff and proud of the exceptional workplace culture we've developed in our eleven years of operation.
As a representative of many of Australia's leading agribusiness, we care for our employees in the same way we treat our clients and candidates - with respect and integrity.
On top of our superb working environment, our head office in the Fortitude Valley has been well-equipped with an outdoor BBQ area, tennis court and a newly renovated office space to welcome an Accountant to our finance team.
The finance team manages the breadth of financial responsibilities across the Group, where there are 3 distinct reporting entities. The business processes +/- 70 payrolls a week, and pays approx. 1400 staff a week
The Accountant reports directly to the Accounts Manager.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to -
- Assistance with month end reporting for the 3 entities.
- Management of credit card reconciliation process.
- Management of the debtors follow up process, liaising with Debtors Insurance providers
- Management of weekly bank reconciliation process for all entities
- Monthly detailed staff deduction reconciliations
- Monthly/Quarterly reconciliations for Super, BAS, PAYG, Payroll Tax and Workcover
- Assistance with year end audit works, including FBT returns
- Assistance with management of systems licences, mobile phone cost management, asset management for new starters to the business
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, as required
With previous accounting experience in high-volume blue-collar industries, you will ideally have an analytical and agile approach to your work. To be considered for the role, it is recommended that you address -
- Recently qualified CPA, or close to completing qualifications
- A can-do attitude, willing to help as a team player
- Intermediate MS Excel skills required (i.e., the ability to perform V-Lookups and Pivot Tables is essential)
- Previous experience with MYOB and Xero will be advantageous
- Attention to details is essential given the volume of reconciliation required
- Demonstrate an ability to be adaptable and fast paced, and respond quickly to changing needs in a demanding environment
- The ability to contribute to continuous process improvement
- The ability to communicate effectively and liaise with non-finance business partners
- Experience with Power BI will be a real advantage
At Agri Labour Australia, you will feel appreciated and valued for your work and contributions to the workplace. Benefits include:
- Career progression within the business
- A readily available training program, especially with a focus on Power BI and dashboard reporting
- Exceptional onboarding experience
- Monthly social mixers
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian and NZ agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
If you think this role is for you, please apply below and we ensure that all applications will be responded to within 24 hours.