As Operations Manager/Allocator, you will have a range of key duties, these include;
You will be responsible for efficient allocation of the fridge van fleet. Liaising with customers, you'll create and update driving schedules while communicating with drivers and performing general operational duties.
Overseeing the supervision of the workshop maintenance schedule, you will ensure all trucks and trailers receive general weekly servicing and checking. Monitoring truck schedules, data entry and managing rosters, your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Daily scheduling of deliveries
- Liaising with drivers and customers (during and after hours)
- Monitoring trucks are running on schedule
- Creating and entering data from run sheets
- Rostering to fill all available roles with contingency to cover for leave, work overflow
- Interviews, medicals and pre-employment driving assessments
- Induction and training of drivers into policies and procedures, manuals and relevant training curriculum
- Ensuring drivers are cross trained in other areas for coverage of rosters and work load
- Daily random checks of fleet for condition and cleanliness.
- Checking of drivers work diary pages.
- Ensure all work is performed with COR legislation and industry requirements
- Incident reports, minutes, NCR's, DVR's, memos, safety alerts leave forms etc
- Travel between sites on a regular basis to build and maintain repair with remote drivers (Albury, West Wyalong)
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has extensive driving experience with a livestock, or grain delivery background being highly regarded.
To be considered for the role, it's important you can prove the following:
- MC License
- Good problem solving skills
- Organised and efficient
- Proficient with Microsoft (Excel)
- Previous operations/allocator experience
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Tim Chapman, General Manager Agri Talent: 0499 184 555