Our client is a leader in cotton production and is searching for tradespeople looking for a change to work as an Assistant Ginner in their cotton gin based out of Emerald.
Our client has grown to be a world leader in cotton merchandizing, serving all major consumer markets today and is known for their excellent work environment and positive staff culture.
The business boasts extremely successful cotton ginning operations and warehouses with their staff at the core of their success.
As Assistant Ginner, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of operation the cotton ginning operation with assistance from a ginner. A trades or ginning background is essential in understanding production and maintenance process. The responsibilities of the Assistant Ginner include, but not limited to:
- Effectively operate gin machinery
- Control and undertake cotton ginning procedures
- Monitor and maintain ginning machinery
- Assist in training and supervising seasonal workers
- Following and maintaining safe work procedures and workplace health and safety compliance
Skills & Experience
A great work ethic and strong leadership skills are essential while also be able to work long hours in peak seasons.
To be considered for the role, you will need to prove the following:
- Either some trade or ginning experience
- Superior problem-solving skills and mechanical ability
- Organised and efficient
- Positive attitude
- Strong knowledge and adherence to WHS
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Greener, Recruitment Consultant, Agri Talent 0476840775