Our client is one of Australia's largest poultry producer with an unrivalled network of processing and distribution facilities across the country. With environmental sustainability and animal welfare at the heart of their operations, they are committed to being the most trusted food producer in their market. They have an excellent staff culture, great training programs and are committed to developing the careers of their people.
Based in Yumali, South Australia you'll take the lead in successfully driving a culture of high performance while effectively leading staff and ensuring compliance with WHS and biosecurity standards. The successful application will receive a ccompetitive salary package including accommodation, mobile phone and computer.
Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the farm to deliver budgeted technical and financial performance standards of the flock
- Ensure all livestock is treated humanely, and in compliance with RSPCA and the company's animal welfare standards at all times
- Provide leadership to the team on the requirements relating to poultry and animal welfare, Food Safety and Quality
- Ensure the health and safety requirements of the business are fully complied with
- Identify, drive and embed continuous improvement initiatives and operational efficiency programs
- Drive corrective and preventative safety programs with a focus on behavioral safety
- Reduce turnover and ensure labour cost base is the most productive, efficient and cost competitive for the industry
- Manage, monitor and keep within budget, seeking approval for out of scope spend
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years' poultry experience working as a Manager, Assistant Manager or similar.
Committed to animal welfare, efficient with excellent site management capabilities and high level communication skills, you'll have proven leadership and time management capabilities. To be considered for the role, it's important you address the following criteria:
- A good understanding of modern farming methods, a commitment to animal welfare and an interest in the ways in which farming impacts the environment
- Proven ability to develop, communicate and implement farming operations to budgets
- Experience providing and analysing operations reports
- Experience monitoring compliance with safety policies and procedures
- Proven organisational and time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work outside in all weather and patience to undertake all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs
- Proven IT skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate cross functionally to build strong relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Strong people leadership and engagement skills with the ability to build a collaborative working environment
- Knowledge on poultry industry standards - biosecurity, WHS, animal welfare
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information, please contact Tim Chapman, General Manager Agri Talent on 0499 184 555