Close to the Qld and NSW borders, our client's family-owned business has a 10,000ha footprint. Primarily a cotton operation, it also includes a cattle and lamb feed lot, with 2000ha of developed irrigation country and 2500ha of dryland farming.
Based in Mungindi or Goondiwindi, our client is looking for several farm hands (2 on each property) to undertake a broad range of farm duties. You'll provide support with growing activities including ground preparation, tractor work, irrigation for cotton crops along with routine maintenance to ensure all equipment is running at optimum capacity.
In reward for your contribution, you will be offered an above award salary of $28 - $32/hour, plus super, a house and great team environment with enthusiastic young people. Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Planting, irrigation, chemical application and harvesting
- Day to day general farm duties and maintenance
- Cropping operations
- Preparation of equipment and machinery for seeding and/or harvest
- Daily machinery maintenance and pre-start checks
- Operation of farm machinery
- Workshop tidying and maintenance
- General servicing and maintenance of farm vehicles, small motors and other equipment
- Fencing and fence maintenance
- Uphold a culture of WHS at all times
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has experience in a similar role with the ability to use a range of machinery and tools. You'll be self-managing and proactive, efficient and flexible.
To be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good machinery knowledge and maintenance capability
- Driver's licence
- Great work ethic and happy attitude
- Dedicated to safety and a positive team culture
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Angus Harland, Recruitment Resourcer, Agri Talent: 0421 461 293