Our client has a new age approach to farming and a culture to match. They are research driven, purpose led and have a highly innovative approach to farming. They have been operating for over 10 years with in excess of $900m in assets under management across both the broadacre and horticulture spheres.
They are driven to generate positive economic, social and environmental outcomes for their investors with their ethos focused on positively transforming communities and the Australian agriculture space whilst delivering strong yields for their stakeholders.
We are looking for an experienced Farm Hand / Spray Rid Operator to join our client's outstanding operation where you'll be responsible for safely and effectively driving a range of machines including spray rigs, headers,, seeders and other farm equipment.
The property currently spans 5,500 ha (mixed cropping), career development opportunities are certainly on the table!
The position comes with a work vehicle, house and a competitive remuneration package for the right person. Salary or hourly rate on offer, subject to individuals preference.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Effectively operating self propelled spray rigs (brand new) and 4wd tractors
- Setting up and operating boom sprays, including camera sprayers
- John Deere and equivalent gps guidance
- Able to carry out maintenance and minor repairs on machinery
- Identifying and reporting any health and safety hazards, incidents or near misses
- Operate equipment in accordance with instructions and with special attention to the timeliness and quality of the work
Skills & Experience
Our client is looking for someone to hit the ground running. You'll be reliable and adaptable with a proactive approach to tasks and capable of following instructions well.
To be considered for the role, it's important you address the following criteria:
- Broadacre cropping experience
- Experience in the operation of large-scale cropping plant and equipment
- A willingness to learn, adopt new practices and further develop personal skills
- Committed to working in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation
- Good communication skills
- Current chemical users' certificate, driver and truck licenses preferred (not essential)
- Sound mechanical knowledge and ability to carry out maintenance and servicing
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects high calibre candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For a confidential discussion or more information, please contact Sai Yan on 0427 715 619 or Nick Marchant, Agri Talent 0476 884 936