Our client is a highly reputable, long-standing agribusiness with multiple properties around the Goondiwindi & Boggabilla areas, with in excess of a 10,000ha of dry land cropping. They are well known for their staff retention, culture and modern practices.
You will be working on a large dryland property and responsible for a range of farm duties where you'll provide support in delivering coordinated growing activities including spraying, ground preparation, tractor driving and general farm work.
You will play an important role in operating a range of modern farm equipment, while ensuring a culture of safety across all aspects of the job. You'll be a part of a five strong team - most of who have been with the business for almost a decade (that really says something!).
In reward for your contribution, you will be offered an above award salary of $26 - $32/hour, plus super, a house and work ute plus great career development opportunities. Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Safe and effective operation of a range of machinery including tractors and headers
- Routinely clean and maintain farm resources and equipment
- Strong commitment to industry compliance and WHS
- Actively promote a safe and productive company culture
- Compliance to all quality procedures and policies
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has previous experience in a cropping environment with skills in operating self-propelled sprayers. You will have a solid understanding of farming operations with a practical and hands on approach to your work.
You need a positive attitude and be physically able to keep up with the range of activities you'll be performing. To be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Skilled in the safe and efficient operation of self-propelled sprayers and other machinery
- Broadacre / Dry Land experience
- Self propelled spray rig experience
- Experienced in farm operations
- Experience in using and maintaining horticultural plant equipment
- You must have a great attitude
- Fit and able to work in a physically demanding role
- ChemCert (or willing to get one)
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Sai Yan on 0427 715 619 or Nick Marchant, Lead Consultant, Agri Talent: 0476 884 936