Our client is a well-established family ran farm located in the picturesque Liverpool Plains, 20km West of Willow Tree NSW. They take considerable pride in their approach towards staff well-being and working conditions, and boast great yields coupled with well-kept and modern equipment.
Their mix-cropping property spans 4,500 acres which is designed to rotate between various summer crops. In addition to their main crops - sorghum, barley and wheat.
A beautifully renovated 3 / 4 bedroom house, which is easily accessed via school buses will be offered on top of this highly competitive package!
Your Next Role
Working closely with the Farm Manager, you will be assisting with maintenance, spraying, sowing, general operation (new machinery) and the running of the cropping programs.
You will also play a key role across all farming activities and infrastructure. This role will suit a highly organised individual with a strong drive for learning and professional development in the agriculture space.
In this hands-on role, your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Implement 'Best Practice' agricultural systems and standards to support crop production and livestock operations
- Co-ordinate operations including hands on work on a range of tractors and tractor-drawn machinery during preparation, planting, in crop application & harvest
- Assist in general farm duties and machinery maintenance as required
- Develop key benchmarking targets with a passion to strive to improve the efficiency of the cropping operation
- Spearhead the communication with various contractors and assist in developing crop programs as required
Our ideal candidate will come from a strong mixed cropping background and have a 'self-starter' attitude and willingness to learn and continuingly improve on farming operations. Practical and hands on, you'll be multiskilled, adaptable and capable of tackling most jobs.
Our client is looking for someone who is committed to their job and has a positive attitude with eagerness to learn and develop, to which you will be given every opportunity to do so! To be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Willingness to obtain knowledge in water resources management and machinery operations
- Proven experience in the operation of broadacre farming plant, air seeder, plough etc
- ChemCert chemical handling certificate
- Motivated with good organizational skills, communication skills, time management, working in a team and independently
- Basic computer skills
- 5 + years exprinece in mixed cropping
- Current drivers' licence
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian and NZ agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information, please contact Sai Yan, 0427 715 619, or Nick Marchant, Lead Consultant, Agri Talent, 0476 884 936.