This is an award winning, family owned aquaculture enterprise that spans two farms. This highly successful enterprise produces quality barramundi which are nurtured and harvested in between the rainforest and Great Barrier Reef.
As Farm Manager, you are responsible for managing a large and complex fresh water, pond based Barramundi aquaculture operation. This is a key role that drives profitability through the effective management of production costs and improving efficiencies across labour, utilities, quality and output.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Optimise profitability through improved production efficiencies across labour, electricity consumption, nursery techniques and feeding costs
- Plan the future production of the farm including fingerling purchases and nursery to provide for expected customer requirements
- Ensure that staff are focused on quality productivity and packaging to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Develop a strong focus on continuous improvement to maintain the drive for improved profitability
- Maintain environmentally sustainable practice with continual improvement and compliance with GAA, BAP, ABFA EMS, TEP and relevant Codes of Practice, and ensure employee safety through meeting all OH&S requirements.
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have had previous employment in a similar role with a minimum of five years in the aquaculture industry and minimum of three years' management experience.
You need to have a collaborative approach and be able effectively build relationships with management and business partners. You'll come equipped with knowledge of the markets and customers and have hands on experience in aquaculture production.
To be considered for the role, it's important you can prove the following:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in aquaculture, plus 3 years' in a management position
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders and business partners at a senior management level
- Experience with markets and customers
- Hands-on experience in aquaculture production (finfish or crustaceans), preferably Barramundi
- Tertiary qualification in aquaculture or closely related field such as Zoology, Biology or Marine Biology
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Tim Chapman, General Manager, Agri Talent: 0499 184 555