Our client is a well-established and highly respected family-owned agribusiness that are located in the beautiful area of Longford, just outside of Launceston, TAS. They grow a range crops and seeds on their 1300ha property, of which 360ha is currently irrigated with more being developed.
They pride themselves on their new age approach to farming and encourage commercial input from individuals throughout the business. This unique, autonomous opportunity will see you utilising your skills across all aspects of farming
This is an autonomous, working / hands on Farm Manager opportunity; we are looking for someone to take pride in this established, yet growing property and 'treat it as their own', they boast a flat structure and thus you will be reporting directly to and supported by the MD who's management style is to empower, not micro manage.
You'll undertake the effective operation and maintenance of farm machinery and be rewarded for your efforts with a great salary, company vehicle and bonuses. On top of that you will play a key role in the continuous improvement across this property.
Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Assist in development and implementation of business plans
- Conduct a wide range of farming operations including irrigation, cultivation, sowing, spraying, top dressing and general tractor duties
- Maintain production and input records including chemical applications and fertilizer applications
- Liaise with the external agronomy team
- Complete all chemical requests and spray applications in a timely manner
- Manage crop rotations with the support of management
- Pivot & linear irrigation scheduling and maintenance
- Assist with the organization of external contractors for cultivation and harvest operations.
- Machinery maintenance
- Adhere to and promote the company's WHS policies and environmental requirements
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in managing farming operations. With sound knowledge of chemical use and their applications, you'll be autonomous, passionate, and capable of tackling and supervising most jobs. This opportunity would suit an individual looking to further develop their commercial farming acumen.
Our client is looking for someone who can grow with the business - a person with drive and ambition who wants to really make a difference and provide input towards the growth of the operation. This opportunity could also suit someone currently in a 2IC role looking to take a step up.
Practical and hands on, you will have demonstrated ability to effectively meet your timelines. To be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Farming and crop management experience
- Knowledge of irrigation systems
- ChemCert chemical handling certificate
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Computer literacy and reporting skills
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian and NZ agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Sai Yan; 0427 715 619 or Nick Marchant, Lead Consultant, Agri Talent: 0476 884 936