Our client is a family-owned mango and avocado farm located in the Atherton Tablelands of North Queensland. The farm - based at Dimbulah, boasts 24,000 Calypso and Honeygold Mango trees and 2,200 avocado trees displaying highly efficient yields. The property also manages its own packing and distribution facility.
The owners of this farm are looking to take a step back and employ a Farm Manager to manage the day-to-day running's of the farm. The Farm Manager will work autonomously managing the trees, the employees and the machinery to ensure efficient running of the farm. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Operating and maintaining plant and machinery including sprayers, slashers and harvest equipment
- Managing a small team of permanent staff and up to 50 casuals during harvest
- Running irrigation and nutrition programs
- Ensuring a high standard of WHS & Food Safety
- Actively managing budgets and record keeping
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will play an integral role in the business and will be pivotal to the ongoing success of the business as a whole. You will display the following skills and attributes:
- At least 3 years tree cropping experience
- Demonstrated effective communication and staff management skills
- HR license and forklift ticket
- Chemcert and First Aid Certificate (can assist in achieving)
- Basic maintenance and repairs knowledge
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian & New Zealand agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent talent.
If you think this role is for you, please apply below and we ensure that all applications will be responded to within 24 hours.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Angus Harland, 0421 461 293.