Our client believes in the further development of staff - creating career pathways with training and mentoring programs that see you reaching your career goals. The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- High profile employer
- Ongoing career progression
- Diverse and interesting role
This organisation is a market leader in the growing, supply and processing of eggs and egg products for the domestic and Asian markets. An ASX listed company, with over 240 employees across NSW and Victoria, they have 11 company farms, four major grading facilities and are known for their down to earth and innovative approach.
The Farm Manager must be able to successfully drive a culture of high performance while effectively leading staff and ensuring compliance with WHS and biosecurity standards. The successful application will receive a ccompetitive salary package including accommodation, company vehicle, mobile phone and computer. Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Day to day management of the farm, including animal welfare/husbandry and staff
- Monitoring and management of flock health and egg production performance
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Administration and reporting on farm operations and flock performance
- Planning and prioritising work, achieving targets and adhering to budgets
- Ensure performance, quality, animal welfare and cost objectives are achieved
- Maintaining and building OHS and QA programs
- Maintaining bio-security and quarantine to the highest standards
- General repairs and maintenance
- Machinery operation
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years' poultry experience working as a Manager or similar.
With excellent communication skills and a positive attitude, you will bring a high degree of mechanical aptitude and strong computer literacy.
Self-managing and proactive, you must have a good working knowledge of OH & S requirements and be efficient with excellent site management capabilities, ensuring all quality and maintenance standards are upheld. To be considered for the role, it's important you address the following criteria:
- Previous experience in a similar role within the poultry industry
- Leadership and management capability
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Driver's License
- Knowledge on poultry industry standards - biosecurity, WHS, animal welfare
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information, please contact Tim Chapman, General Manager Agri Talent on 0499 184 555