- Industry-leading feedlot
- Multiple positions available
- 10/4 roster with plenty of overtime
Our client is a family-owned Australian agribusiness with a number of cattle properties and feedlots around Queensland. Currently their modern, 30 thousand head feedlot based in Chinchilla, is in need of a skilled Mill Hand to join their team.
Your role as a Mill Hand is a vital position within the company, as you are ensuring that all livestock at the feedlot are fed the appropriate and correct rations each day. You are also responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all feed mill equipment.
Assisting the Feed Mill team, the duties will include, but not be limited to;
- Daily inspection, pre-start checks and refueling of feed trucks.
- Daily inspection and cleaning of feed bunks.
- Cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Preparation and delivery of cattle ration to feedlot and paddock feed bunks.
- Record keeping for daily/manually feeding, using computers and other methods.
- Checking calibration of feed truck and batch box scales.
- Adoption and conformance with quality assurance practices, policies and procedures.
- Compliance with Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will be able to address the following criteria:
- Have the capability of adopting and utilising company quality assurance practices and Workplace, Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Safely operating heavy machinery and equipment and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Good communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills.
- A sound understanding of Animal Welfare Standards.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information, please contact Ben Frazer, Recruitment Consultant, Agri Labour Australia on 0439 093 516.