Our client is an internationally recognized leader in research/development of sustainable rice varieties based in the Riverina area of New South Wales. With over 30 years of continuous growth and success, our client remains a leader in sustainable agronomics.
The company is committed to providing farmers with the very best performing products/practices and sharing their knowledge and expertise through its dedicated team of people.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated Field Extension Officer to join their team based in either Leeton or Deniliquin, NSW.
Working as part of a professional team, your role will assist in the increase of productivity, profitability and sustainability of rice in the Riverina.
Key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Identify opportunities to plan, recommend actions, and deliver extension activities and information for groups and individual farming companies to improve practices.
- Assist in designing effective extension activities.
- Facilitate grower meetings to achieve agreed actions and outcomes.
- Contribute to papers, publications, and articles for rice growers.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of issues within the region that impact growers and services providers.
- Provide reporting as required to Rice Extension Program Managers.
- Regularly evaluate the impact of extension activities and adoption of practices.
- Support agronomic trials within the region.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in the agriculture industry and/or sales.
The successful candidate has exceptional time management capabilities, is solutions focused and committed to educating growers of best practice management.
To be considered for the role, it's important you can prove your capability with the following:
- Ability to interact with a wide and diverse demographic
- Passion for agriculture and previous experience in agricultural field work
- Current manual driver's licence
- Maintain a professional and clean presentation with excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiastic and engaging character/attitude
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Frazer, Recruitment Consultant Agri Talent: 0439 093 516