Our client is the leader in independent rural services and retail of agricultural inputs across regional NSW, Southern QLD and Western Victoria. With a strategic footprint comprising a network of 44 business locations this is a dynamic and diverse agribusiness employing over 300 people.
Highly focused on the quality and culture of our people, they offer autonomy and empowerment with a key focus on staff retention and stability. They are passionate about customer service, profitability of our clients and the sustainability of agriculture at all levels.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the role is responsible for the statutory accounts and financial accounting of this successful and continually growing agribusiness.
They have a down to earth yet high performing team with real opportunities for career development and progression for the right candidate. This role requires a hands-on approach as the business is fast-paced and complex.
- Financial and statutory reporting
- Annual consolidated financial reports
- Income Tax, FBT, & BAS
- Provision of accounting treatment advice
- Preparation cash flow forecasts yearly and reforecasts monthly
- Analyse financial performance against budgets, and implement cost control measures
- Monthly financial analysis
- Process improvements and value add
- Manage the financial reporting processes
- Research and document complex accounting issues
Skills & Experience
You will need to be CA/CPA qualified with strong technical accounting skills and experience within a large/medium chartered firm, or large complex business highly regarded.
Equipped with excellent stakeholder management skills, strong attention to detail and confident approach, you’ll be an effective communicator with exceptional analysis and report writing skills.
To be considered for the role, it’s important your can prove the following:
- CA/CPA qualifications
- Solid chartered financial accounting background with an exceptional understanding of accounting standards and accounting principals
- Experience in auditing and compiling accounts for large listed or public companies
- Previous experience working in a med-to-large business of fast pace and complex nature
- Have a hands-on approach
- Excellent analysis and report writing skills coupled with an ability to communicate verbally and present analysis in clear and concise language
- Capacity to develop relationships with executive management
- An understanding of agriculture and rural Australia would be highly regarded
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nicki McCaskill, Principal Consultant Corporate Services, Agri Talent on 0427 715 619