Our client leads the way in regenerative agricultural practices that build soil carbon to generate superior yields across its broad acre crops and orchard assets. Each asset has integrated a native vegetation or threatened species recovery program to demonstrate the successful coexistence of commercial returns and environmental responsibility. They have five farms across NSW, Vic and Qld
and are currently seeking to fill a role at their broadacre operation in Dysart, Qld.
The position is responsible for a broad range of farm duties where you'll provide support in delivering coordinated growing activities including ground preparation, tractor driving and general farm work for their dryland cropping operation.
You will play an important role in operating a range of modern farm equipment, while ensuring a culture of safety across all aspects of the job. You'll be a part of a five strong team - most of who have been with the business for almost a decade (that really says something!).
In reward for your contribution, you will be offered an above award salary, plus rent and electricity subsidy and great career development opportunities. Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Safe and effective operation of a range of machinery including tractors and headers
- Routinely clean and maintain farm resources and equipment
- Strong commitment to industry compliance and WHS
- Actively promote a safe and productive company culture
- Compliance to all quality procedures and policies
- Repairs and maintenance
- Chemical preparation and mixing
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has previous experience in an agriculture environment with skills in operating self-propelled sprayers, tractors and seeding equipment. You will have a solid understanding of farming operations with a practical and hands on approach to your work.
You need a positive attitude and be physically able to keep up with the range of activities you'll be performing. To be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Skilled in the safe and efficient operation of self-propelled sprayers and other machinery
- Driver's License - Heavy Combination (preferred)
- Experience with technology including GPS systems, auto steer, controlled traffic and electronic reporting systems such as AgWorld
- Experienced in farm operations
- Experience in using and maintaining horticultural plant equipment
- You must have a great attitude
- Fit and able to work in a physically demanding role
- ChemCert (or willing to get one)
- First Aid Training Including CPR (preferred)
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information, please contact Ben Frazer, Principal Consultant, Agri Talent on 0439 093 516