Established in 1866, our client has a long history in the local Central Queensland community. Progressing from a charitable institution designed to support women and children, the organisation has significantly transformed into a high quality seniors living village focused on health and wellness.
Located in Rockhampton, this is an intergenerational, connected community for seniors, dedicated to ensuring they live happy and healthy lives. This community is the first of its kind in Queensland and will have a range of premium and affordable accommodation options including independent and assisted living as well as communal, retail and allied health amenities.
This new and exciting position of Head of HR Strategy plays a critical role establishing the delivery of HR strategy, policies and procedures in line with the organisation's strategic plan. This is a key role in managing change and ensuring the achievement of strategic goals through effective people management practices.
Working with the CEO to develop the HR Strategy and ensure that the organisation is appropriately resourced to deliver strategic objectives, your role will ensure that all aspects of the HR function promotes an organisational culture of teamwork and service, high quality, transparency and accountability, innovation, and inclusiveness.
You will manage the continuous improvement of HR systems and policies in line with current best practice and changing legislation and regulations while also leading and facilitating the recruitment process in accordance with best practices, compliance and organisational budgetary guidelines.
Dedicated to appointing people with the right skills, experiences and attitudes across all positions, you will develop and implement a comprehensive on-boarding process for employees and support the professional development of staff throughout their career lifecycle.
Performing all tasks while adhering to legislative requirements and company values, other duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Ensure the effective and timely implementation of the appraisal process, including mid and end of year reviews and support of the ongoing monthly meetings
- Guide and coach managers on employee relationship and HR issues in line with organisation policies and best practice, including disciplinary, grievance, performance, and absence management
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall organisation strategy
- Comply with all HR laws and regulations to ensure the organisation meets accreditation outcomes and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the organisation
- Nurture and implement a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system to drive high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training and development needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management to
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate has a minimum of five years of substantial experience in a generalist human resource management role and/or as an HR business partner role. You must have proven capability in the development of HR strategy, HR policy development, recruitment, performance management and appraisals, learning and development, compensation and benefits, recruitment, payroll, staff engagement and exit processes.
With a tertiary qualification in HR/business or related discipline, you will have demonstrated experience in a previous HR role and be highly people oriented and results driven.
To be successful in the role it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Proven ability to deliver a consistently high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Flexible approach to working, able to pick up a variety of tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Extensive knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Outstanding interpersonal and coaching skills
- Equipped with a high level of confidentiality and maturity
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competent in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- A confidential, discreet, positive, and empathetic professional approach
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Tim Chapman, Director, Agri Talent: 0499 184 555