Our client operates a commercial tree nut operation located in Narrandera, Southwest NSW. With over 60 staff, the orchard comprises close to one million trees on 2000 hectares and plays a key role in providing employment opportunities to the local community. As an entity, they employ over 300 people across Australia and New Zealand and have been part of Australia's community for 40 years.
Home to a range of iconic and well-loved brands, the company is known for its progressive and inclusive culture.
Based in the agricultural hub of Narrandera, this role will see you driving ongoing safety cultural change and supporting the team in meeting their Workplace Health and Safety obligation to ensure a zero-harm workplace.
Working closely with the HR Business Partner, you will provide the best Workplace Health and Safety practice advice and support the business to reduce work-related injuries in the orchard.
The Health & Safety Officer will prepare reports on monthly trends and assist with reporting them to the Head of Group Health and Safety based in Luxenberg.
Your duties will include but are not limited to -
- Coordinating the planning, execution and reviewing of WHS-related modules, training programs and inductions delivered to internal employees and casual labour-hire employees
- Assess the existing WHS policies and procedures and suggesting areas of improvement in ensuring a zero-harm workplace
- Maintaining and monitoring the internal safety systems, compliance legislation, process management and other safety-related tasks as required
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with internal employees across the business in influencing the WHS Act and Safe Work Practices
- Assisting the HR Business Partner with compliance and safety audits in line with safety management systems and Return to Work Programs
Our client is willing to build the required skills and expertise in workplace health and safety for an individual who is eager to learn and grow professionally. With similar experience in agriculture, construction, mining, or manufacturing industries, you will ideally have -
- 1 - 2 years' experience in a similar position
- Relevant certification/diploma in Workplace Health and Safety
- Previous SAP experience
- Commitment to championing employees' safety and well-being
- Familiarity with Return-to-Work programs
Working with a leading global agribusiness, you will be well compensated for your effort and your contribution to the business. Benefits include -
- Career progression opportunities
- Exposure to various facets of the business
- Collaborative and nurturing team
- Generous leave options
- Relocation Assistance
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Sai Yan, 0427 715 619 OR Nick Marchant, Agri Talent: 0476 884 936