Our client is recognised as one of Australia's largest and most innovative produce suppliers in Australia. Their farms and growers across Australia and the world provide domestic and international customers with high quality produce. With its vision to the future, the business is a holistic operation that includes, growing, importing, exporting, wholesale, pre-packing, ripening, logistics and marketing of produce in Australia and internationally.
Our client is seeking a versatile HR Advisor to join their highly successful agribusiness based in Sydney, Australia.
This position sees you undertaking an important role in supporting Learning and Development across the business. Working closely with your manager across various elements of the operation, you'll also deliver support for staff professional development programs.
You'll provide assistance on day to day HR advice and services to managers, supervisors and employees of the business. Part of six strong team, the role works with management and staff on HR issues, including the interpretation of relevant Acts, Regulations, Awards, industrial Agreements, legislation, policy and procedures and contemporary HR practices.
Performing all tasks while adhering to legislative requirements and company values, your key accountabilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Provide support with the staff learning and development program for staff
- Assist with staff coaching and training sessions
- Help drive a positive employee experience for all team members through various platforms and activities
- Develop, implement, and monitor HR policies and procedures based on relevant legislation and contemporary HR management practices
- Under direction of your manager, undertake workplace investigations, workplace discipline processes, employee performance counselling, grievances, organisational reviews and restructures
- Undertake end to end recruitment of managerial and/or salary roles across the site
- Research and prepare briefs, submissions and correspondence on HR operations
Your Skills & Experience
With a tertiary qualification in HR/business or Cert IV in training or related discipline, you will have demonstrated experience in a previous HR role (operational workforces highly regarded). You'll also be skilled at establishing relationships across a multi-site business.
In addition to your excellent communication skills, you will be a capable team member who is focused on providing strong support to management and your team.
To be successful in the role it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Qualifications in HR, business, or Cert IV in training or related field
- Minimum of two years' experience in a HR generalist role
- Ability to develop positive and constructive relationships across the business, including
relationships with contractors and other key stakeholders
- A background in HR generalist services and development
- Experience in industrial relations activities, including performance management, enterprise
- bargaining, workplace investigations and employee discipline
- Able to deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment
- A confidential, discreet, positive, and empathetic professional approach
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Tim Chapman, General Manager, Agri Talent: 0499 184 555