Our client is an Australian owned and operated rural Asset Management Company with a footprint across Victoria, New South Wales and Southern Queensland, to include cropping, horticulture and livestock properties.
They boast a leading and highly experience management team who are driven to deliver cleaner, safer, and environmentally friendly farming & supply chain operations that are progressive whilst utilising the latest and best technology and innovations available.
Based in Hillston, our client is currently searching for a motivated and autonomous Livestock Manager to play a key role within this aggregation. Supported by the Aggregation Manager, this person will be responsible for all aspects of organisation, implementation and execution of a highly efficient Merino sheep operation. This role will see you managing a herd of around 8,500 Merino ewes with over 15,000ha of prime grazing land. The duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Coordinating operations to maintain efficient livestock production
- Oversee and manage contractors
- Developing plans, budgets and reports
- Using farm technologies to record certain stock movements, processes and stages of development
- Operating farm machinery as required
- Maintain and implement WH&S protocols
Our client offers its employees with a wide range of benefits including:
- Extremely competitive salary package
- On-site family accommodation
- Ongoing training and development along with genuine career progression
Skills and Experience
The successful applicant requires a deep knowledge on effectively managing a large-scale Merino operation with previous experience in a similar role highly desired. To be considered for this position, it is important that you possess the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A strong understanding of Merino sheep and how to manage
- Past experience using agricultural software (Agriwebb or similar)
- Strong communication skills
- A drive to grow and take responsibility
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian & New Zealand agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent talent.
If you think this role is for you, please apply below and we ensure that all applications will be responded to within 24 hours.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Angus Harland, 0421 461 293.