Reporting to your property manager, you'll cover four zones over 25,000 acres and manage a herd of more than 8,000 breeding cows.
You'll also lead a team of farm hands, implement key farm programmes and drive improvements to operations across stock and pasture management, grazing, and animal health and reproduction.
About the company
30+ years in business. 3 properties. 30,000+ cattle.
These numbers are a result of the strong vision and family values that drive our client - a 100% Australian family-owned and operated breeder of premium grass-fed Angus cattle.
In recent years, the company has seen substantial growth across their breeding, fattening and marketing operations, a testament to their focus on building partnerships with their customers and their team, as well as progressing the company in a modern and technological way.
Our client has a rare and special commitment to quality, reliability and sustainability, which has built the foundation of a strong team culture where staff feel like family.
What's on offer?
Our client is offering a full-time Leading Farm Hand position on Tasmania's breathtaking King Island, a picturesque destination located in the Bass Strait, surrounded by rugged coastline and boasting some of the cleanest air in the world.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a pristine island in a friendly, supportive community and develop skills that contribute directly to their career growth.
As a leading farm hand, you will play a key role in the ongoing development and success of our client's beef operations. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Pasture management.
- Livestock handling.
- Animal husbandry. This includes the daily care, selective breeding and raising of livestock.
- Implementation of low stress stock management, grazing, reproductive and animal health programmes.
- Team leadership. As a leading farm hand, you will be responsible for leading a team of juniors.
- General farm duties and maintenance of the property and water infrastructure.
The prime candidate
Our client is looking for a reliable team member with the drive and commitment to deliver consistent quality and productivity.
If you have:
- Extensive experience in the cattle industry
- Strong teamwork, leadership and people management skills
- A passion for working with cattle
- A willingness to work hard and to a consistently high quality
- The ability to manage your workload independently
Hit "Apply Now" and let your next adventure begin.
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian & New Zealand agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Angus Harland, 0421 461 293.