Our client is a vertically integrated agricultural and fresh food processing business specialising in fresh salads, ready-made meal solutions and snacks. With processing facilities located nationally, they employ more than 400 people and are a trusted partner with all major retailers in Australia.
They pride themselves on quality and leading the way with innovation and consumer led category management. In conjunction with an impressive range of private label products, they proudly supply independent grocery and foodservice channels with some of the countries most popular fresh food brands.
The Production Coordinator is responsible for the effective and efficient management of all inbound and outbound activities. This position plays a critical role in ensuring accurate and complete financial, inventory, customer, maintenance, quality, safety, reporting processes and internal control systems are functioning well.
Overseeing the maintenance of all relevant documentation and records, the Production Coordinator ensures team members adhere to clean up processes and other cleaning and general housekeeping duties required to keep the site compliant with food safety standards, OHS and other relevant legislation.
Committed to your team's capability, knowledge and safety at all times, your duties may include but not be limited to:
- Manage outbound deliveries to chain stores
- Manage all inbound stock and consumables received into the warehouse site
- Forklift operation
- Continually maintain a strong commitment to quality and execute the highest level of customer service while maintaining company profitability
- Ensure all stock is properly receipted on arrival, including monitoring of quantity and quality
- Stock storing and rotation
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system, including carrying out regular physical random checks
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks positions
- Lead the development and training of new and existing employees, coaching, mentoring and training as required
- Help streamline information systems to improve efficiency, accuracy and to identify continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure day to day operational issues and escalations are effectively managed
- Equipment monitoring to improve, promote and maintain production efficiencies
Skills & Experience
You will have proven experience in a supervisory role and able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business. Results oriented, you will have solid problem solving skills and be equipped with proven leadership capabilities.
You will be flexible and hands on, well organised and carry out your tasks in a purposeful and responsible way. To be considered for the role, it's important you address the following criteria:
- Diploma in Warehousing /Transport or three years equivalent experience in a similar role
- Analytical inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Prior experience as a supervisor of a large team
- Previous manufacturing (food industry/FMCG) experience will be highly regarded
- Capable of communicating, training and meeting operational requirements with a diverse workforce
- Demonstrated experience with, and commitment to, continuous improvement
- Ability to record and maintain records to comply with food safety system requirements
- Competent computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work as part of a weekend and holiday roster during busy periods
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects high calibre candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Frazer, Principal Consultant, Agri Talent: 0439 093 516