Our client is an exclusive producer and distributor of a leading brand of seed products in Australia. The company works closely with Australian farmers to develop hybrid products specifically for local environments.
The company is committed to providing farmers with the very best performing products and sharing their knowledge and expertise through its dedicated team of people.
In this diverse and exciting role, you will be responsible for overseeing bulk moving, storage, drying, treating and packaging of seed.
Utilising a computer inventory system to track varieties, silo, origin, quantities and timing, you'll also operate and set dryers to obtain the correct level of moisture. During drying season, you may be required to return to work to perform a check to ensure the process and machinery are progressing the process.
Operating a forklift to move pallets and bins, you'll be committed to a strong culture of safety at all times. There's plenty of overtime available along with excellent prospects for career advancement.
Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Bag and label seed according to work order while ensuring highest quality presentation of finished product
- Prepare and apply required chemical mixes according to work orders
- Operate bulk seed dryers to maximise throughput and maintain seed quality
- Manage bulk seed storage and silos
- Turn and treat bulk seed
- Keep area clean, tidy and ready for safe operations
- Conduct general maintenance, checks and clean downs of machinery and the area
- Monitor seed quality and collect samples for quality testing
- Perform stocktakes when required
- Manage stock using Inventory Management System (including scanners)
- Data entry
- Operate yard trucks
- Actively participate in the maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS)
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the agriculture and seed industries, however those with transferrable skills are encouraged to apply.
You should live locally to be able to make the most of the overtime opportunities and have the capability to operate forklift.
the successful candidate must also prove their capability with the following:
- Previous experience in a similar role or demonstrated skills
- Live locally (Desirable)
- Current manual driver's licence
- Sound computer skills
- Forklift Licence
- Operate HC vehicle (Desirable - no licence necessary)
- Positive attitude
- Committed to safety
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Frazer, Principal Consultant, Agri Talent: 0439 093 516