Our client has a dedicated, professional team that strives to create an environment where employees feel engaged and valued.
They are a global business specialising in asset managed crops and are known for their inclusive culture and career growth opportunities.
Situated 66km South-west of Wagga Wagga, the production focus of this 8000 Hectare farm is Wheat, Barley, Canola, Pulses and Sheep.
We are looking for a Machine Operator to join our client's outstanding operation where you'll be responsible for safely and effectively driving a range of machines including headers, spray rigs, seeders and other farm equipment.
The position comes with a vehicle, accommodation, tools and a competitive remuneration package on offer for the right person.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Effectively operating 4wd tractors and air seeders
- Setting up and operating boom sprays, including camera sprayers
- John Deere guidance
- Able to carry out lubrication maintenance and minor repairs on machinery
- Identifying and reporting any health and safety hazards, incidents or near misses
- Operate equipment in accordance with instructions and with special attention to the timeliness and quality of the work
- Report all faults and damage to equipment and machinery to Farm Manager
Skills & Experience
The client is open to training the right person with a great attitude who may only have limited experience. You'll be reliable and adaptable with a proactive approach to tasks and capable of following instructions well.
To be considered for the role, it's important you address the following criteria:
- Broadacre cropping experience
- Experience in the operation of large-scale cropping plant and equipment
- A willingness to learn, adopt new practices and further develop personal skills
- Committed to working in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative and self-motivation
- Good communication skills
- Current chemical users' certificate, driver and truck licenses preferred (not essential)
- Sound mechanical knowledge and ability to carry out maintenance and servicing
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects high calibre candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For a confidential discussion or more information, please contact Ben Frazer, Principal Consultant, Agri Talent 0439 093 516