Our client is a long-standing operation that is highly regarded across the poultry industry. From the farm gate to the central warehouse, all processes are designed to protect animal welfare and produce quality eggs. The company has state-of-the-art facilities and continues to exceed worldwide standards in flock care, product quality, environmental impact and biosecurity.
Agri Talent is pleased to be assisting our client in their search for an outstanding Maintenance Hand, based in Pittsworth, 30 minutes from the thriving city of Toowoomba.
Your role is responsible for the ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of machinery and equipment to deliver a high quality and hygienic egg. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining of all buildings in a serviceable condition, ensuring that any damage and/or structural failures are reported
- Maintain farm complex and amenities to ensure a clean, tidy and safe condition, free of vermin, pests and weeds
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and schedule checks and services to be performed when due, with minimal impact on output
- Assist your managers with meeting QA requirements and in identifying and reporting any problems and non-conformances relating to product process and the quality system
- Support the design, development, implementation and monitoring and modifying corrections to problems/non-conformances
- Assist in controlling processes until correction achieves product compliance with QA program
- Operating manure removal systems while in contact with truck driver (if licenced)
- Participating in spent hen removal
- Cleaning and setting up of sheds in preparation for pullet shift
- Pullet shifting and placement
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role with excellent mechanical aptitude - trade qualified applicants are highly regarded.
Self-managing and proactive, you must have a good working knowledge of OH & S requirements and be efficient, ensuring all quality and maintenance standards are upheld. To be considered for the role, it's important you address the following criteria:
- Trade qualified OR with excellent mechanical aptitude
- Able to drive and have your own reliable transport
- Physically fit and comfortable in carrying out labour intensive duties
- Comfortable working in direct contact with poultry in a smelly environment
- Able to follow directions and work unsupervised whilst showing high levels of initiative
- A team player and happy working with a multicultural team
- Knowledge on industry standards - biosecurity, WHS, animal welfare
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Frazer, Principal Consultant, Agri Talent: 0439 093 516