Our client has over 900 employees across Australia and New Zealand with extensive grain storage and handling network of more than 10 million tonnes across South Australia and Western Victoria.
They are a global leader in originating, handling, processing and marketing agricultural commodities, including grain, oilseeds, pulses, sugar, rice, cotton, vegetable oils, protein meals and biodiesel.
With operations all over the globe, there are extensive opportunities for candidates who find employment with this exciting organisation.
As part of a high performing team, you are responsible for conducting all scheduled and day to day maintenance of onsite plant equipment and machinery. Identifying opportunities and activities to improve efficiency and reliability, your role ensures all plant equipment is working at optimum capacity and with minimal downtime.
Undertaking all activities relating to fault finding and correctly diagnosing equipment failure, you will see the work performed is in accordance with manufacturer's and industry standards using the correct tools and following strict WHS practices.
Participating in Safety, Quality and Continuous Improvement activities to enhance the workplace, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Perform preventative maintenance activities across manufacturing facilities and sites
- Responsible for fault finding on electrical plant including PLC control systems
- Ensure work is performed and documented in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and company procedures
- Identification and management of equipment breakdown and failure
- Perform maintenance, installations and improvements as required
- Assist in the mentoring, development and progress of Apprentices where applicable in accordance with the obligations of the Training Contract
- Assist in driving the compliance processes and ensure that all OH&S targets are achieved or exceeded
- Ensure upkeep and safety of the maintenance workshop and its facilities
- Dedicated to the correct use of the company motor vehicle and tools of trade
- Accurate data entry and record keeping for compliance
- Maintain a culture of safety at all times
Your Skills & Experience
This role is ideally suited to someone equipped with an Electrical Trade Certificate and current Electrical License. Experience with continuous feed manufacturing and high-speed processing and packaging equipment will be highly regarded.
You will have proven experience in PLC programming and industrial diagnostic and fault-finding knowledge. Proactive and safety focused you'll be computer literate, self-motivated and reliable
With solid time management abilities and a high standard of communication, to be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- A relevant trade or qualification - Electrical Trade Certificate and current Electrical License.
- Previous experience PLC programming
- Industrial diagnostic and fault finding experience
- Proactive with a strong attention to safety
- Committed to service and performance excellence
- Self-motivated and very reliable
- Understand safety systems and processes - risk assessments, incident reporting etc
- Driver's license
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
If you believe you're a great fit for the role, click 'Apply Now' and forward us your most up to date resume and any relevant certificates and licensing. For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Ben Frazer, Consultant, Agri Labour Australia: 0439 093 516