Our client has been pivotal in the growth of Australian cotton through their involvement and contribution to the local industry. Their reputation as a leading cotton corporation has remained true for decades. From marketing through to warehousing and exporting, our client is trusted by farmers and customers across Australia to produce superior and consistent quality cotton.
Your Next Role
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join their busy Cotton Ginning operations located in Emerald whih is in the Central Highlands Region, QLD. You will be responsible for troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues and making recommendations that will improve Gin productivity. You will also be recommending appropriate maintenance on Gin machinery and equipment and transferring knowledge and skills to the Australian permanent and seasonal teams.
As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for (but not be limited to):
- Day-to-day maintenance operations including repairs, safety, compliance, management of cotton ginning production machinery and equipment.
- Liaise closely with the Gin Manager in relation to complex technical issues.
- Scheduling and facilitating the undertaking of electrical and/or mechanical engineering maintenance and repairs.
- Provide technical advice, training and participate in the ongoing professional development.
- Resolve breakdowns of cotton ginning equipment (feeder bay operations, lint cleaners, gin stands, cyclone dust extraction system, bale press, etc) promptly to ensure downtime is minimised.
- Maintain the maintenance schedule and ensure works are carried out accordingly.
- Ensure close supervision of all workers in the Cotton Gin until they are trained and competent in the use of all machinery and equipment.
- Ensure safe systems of work, and sufficient information, instruction, training, and supervision are provided for optimum health and safety.
- Monitor downtime statistics and troubleshoot problems.
- Complete online ginning reports as required Health and Safety.
- Adhere to the Company's Safety Management System.
The ideal candidate has previous experience in a similar role and is equipped with a trade background or proven skills in mechanical and/or electrical applications.
To be considered for this position, you will need to prove the following:
- Mechanical or electrical trade/certificate (or proven skills in these areas).
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience, experience in cotton ginning production systems.
- Previous maintenance and mechanical experience.
- Exposure to managing a diverse team or shift in remote or isolated environments.
- General understanding of hydraulics, moisture systems.
- Knowledge of relevant Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Experienced in SAP Plant Maintenance module and other similar SAP applications.
- General and working knowledge in computers, radios, phones, tablets.
- Exposure to working in high pressure environments.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Open driver's license.
- Lifting > up to 20kgs.
- Physically capable of performing the role.
- Long periods of sitting and standing.
- Working within confined spaces and working at heights tickets.
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian and New Zealand agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects high calibre candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.