About Your Employer
Our client is one of Australia's largest social enterprise organizations which have been providing employment, education, and support services for adults with disabilities for over 50 years. Operating 3 large wholesale nurseries located in the beautiful Mount Evelyn, they take pride in their services, in enhancing independence and maximizing quality of life, they are also competing with some of the biggest players in the Nursery space - producing a wide variety of plants to retailers, landscapers, councils, and more.
As the Nursery Manager, you will be responsible for the production, plant and maintenance programs for their nominated site ensuring high-quality plant stock is available to meet client and contractual requirements.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will also be a key person in overseeing the workforce, workplace health and safety (WHS) and the production planning of the site.
In this role, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to -
- Lead, manage and train the nursery team in producing plants according to the production plan within agreed timeframes
- Actively monitor stock performance and nursery practices to minimize stock loss, to maintain quality requirements and production capacity
- Manage the purchasing of all production and maintenance requirements for the site in accordance with agreed budgets and supply arrangements
- Collaborate with Head Gower and Group Nursery Production Manager in addressing major stock loss, QA practices and disease outbreaks throughout the year
- Identify areas of improvement on the production site while maintaining the existing OHS policies and procedures
You will be a self-starter and a proactive individual with proven experience in managing a wholesale production nursery. Committed to safety and occupational health and safety, you will also have an ability to interact and communicate with people of diverse abilities.
To be successful in this role, it is important that you can address the followings -
- 3 - 5 years' experience in horticulture, nursery experience will be highly regarded though not essential
- Valid drivers' license, Truck License and Forklift License
- Understanding of Occupational Health & Safety (OHS)
- Qualifications in Horticulture/Agriculture (preferred but not essential)
- Chemical users' certificate
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Marchant on 0476 884 936, or Sai Yan on 0427 715 619.