Our client is one of the largest and most diverse privately-owned dealership groups in regional Australia with branches throughout New South Wales and Queensland.
They sell and hire trucks, construction and agricultural equipment, passenger and commercial vehicles and are focused on satisfying the needs of our customers, suppliers, employees and local communities.
They represent some of the most iconic, high performing brands including Hino, Iveco, Western Star, MAN, Dennis Eagle & Cummins and Detroit Engines and are known for providing exceptional knowledge and service.
Here is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in advancing your career, working with industry leading truck brands and for a company that takes care of its people. You'll be focused on Identifying and exceeding the needs of guests by providing in-depth parts related information and assisting them with correct purchases.
Providing supportive leadership and direction to your team, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Aligning parts sales activities with the broader business plan
- Manage departmental expenses to maximise profitability and review expenses regularly to ensure resources are being used effectively and efficiently
- Ensure performance of department is meeting benchmark standards
- In consultation with your Manager, develop and maintain monthly budgets
- Check, inspect and authorise all necessary orders, picking slips, requisitions and purchase orders
- Maintain company efficient billing, costing and discount procedures
- Maintain a balanced inventory that ensures customers needs are met
- Follow up on all material returns and credit requests
- Ensure wholesale compensation and obsolescence criteria are met and obtained
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of all employees
- Maintain equipment and product information for personnel to follow and use in their daily endeavours
- Ensure your department personnel fully understands dealership policies and procedures
- Recruiting, selecting and training of new parts department staff
- Demonstrating and encouraging behaviours that align with company policies and procedures
- Comply with company requirements for the monthly/quarterly and annual stocktake
Skills & Experience
This role is ideally suited to someone with training in parts/mechanical or relevant industry experience.
Client focused, organised and equipped with a professional and courteous manner, to be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Dealership experience preferred with Auto-IT DMS experience or similar
- Must have a positive and friendly approach, and be a team player
- High attention to detail and ability to follow things through to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to lead by example
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information, please contact Ben Frazer, Consultant, Agri Talent on 0439 093 516