Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning agricultural recruitment company with clients in every state and territory, with our innovative and unique approach seeing us win Telstra Business of the Year, Australian Small Business Champion, and Best CSR Initiative awards.
Embracing diversity and encouraging a positive working environment for every team member, we're highly supportive of our staff and proud of the exceptional workplace culture we've developed in our eleven years of operation.
As a representative of many of Australia's leading agribusiness, we care for our employees in the same way we treat our clients and candidates - with respect and integrity.
On top of our superb working environment, our head office in the Fortitude Valley has been well-equipped with an outdoor BBQ area, tennis court and a newly renovated office space to welcome a Payroll Manager to our finance team.
With 40+ staff and 1000+ on-hired candidates working at 80+ locations nationally, the Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective operations of processing more than 70 payrolls on a weekly basis.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, you will be the key person in managing the end-to-end payroll functions of our casual labour hiring business.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to -
- Coordinating, directing, and controlling the processing and administration of the payroll function including sign-off on all payroll-related matters - superannuation, taxation, payroll tax and compliance
- Working and engaging with the key stakeholders and clients to help improve and further develop the payroll systems functionality and capability
- Executing a strategy and roadmap for the optimization of the existing payroll systems & procedures while trouble-shooting any payroll-related challenges
- Leading and mentoring the onshore Brisbane-based payroll compliance team, as well as oversight of Payroll operations carried out by our Agri Labour team in India
With previous payroll management experience in high-volume blue-collar industries, you will ideally have an analytical and agile approach to your work. To be considered for the role, it is recommended that you address -
- Experience in BOOT test, casual conversation, interpreting awards and complex EBA
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Previous experience in managing high-volume payrolls
- Ability to mentor and develop a culturally diverse team
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and clients
- Astute payroll experience is desirable.
At Agri Labour Australia, you will feel appreciated and valued for your work and contributions to the workplace. Benefits include:
- Career progression within the business
- A readily available training program
- Exceptional onboarding experience
- Flexible working arrangements - Work From Home (WFH)
- Monthly social mixers
If you think this role is for you, please apply below and we ensure that all applications will be responded to within 24 hours.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Kelli McDougall - 0427 596 000.