Our client is a leading Australian business in agriculture who are currently looking to fill a vacancy in their poultry operation in South Australia. Our client is extremely experienced within the agricultural industry and has proven success in poultry production. They willingly invest in employees, their facilities and are extremely well regarded within the industry.
As Farm Manager you are responsible for management of one of their Free-Range Riverlands farms consisting of 12 sheds and over 500,000 birds based in Blanchetown, South Australia.
The Farm Manager must be able to successfully drive a culture of high performance and innovation while effectively leading staff and ensuring compliance with WHS and biosecurity standards. Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Develop and implement a farm management plan
- Lead and motivate a team (1 Assistant Manager and 3 Farm Hands)
- Manage and operate farm resources and equipment
- Monitor animal welfare and production quality
- Actively promote a safe and productive company culture
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will be driven and have a passion for growth within the poultry industry with a keen interest in working with innovative technology to improve poultry production. The ideal candidate will display the following:
- Previous management experience in the poultry industry
- Exceptional people skills when dealing with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Openness to adopting new technology in the sheds
- Knowledge on industry standards - biosecurity, WHS, animal welfare
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Greener, General Manager Agri Talent: 0476 840 775