Our client is a global leader in the supply chain management of agricultural products and food ingredients with 16 product platforms across 65 countries. Servicing six commodity areas which employs over 300 hundred people across Australia, they are the second largest producer of almonds in the world. Operating a state-of-the art processing facility, they are known for their highly talented technical and management team and a trusting staff culture.
The Production Planner is a critical member of the plant management team and accountable for developing and scheduling production and packing activities to ensure the plant meets DIFOT targets, this automated facility is run on SAP and operates 24/7 for parts of the year.
A position full of opportunity and diversity, your key accountabilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Review the current Business process and workflows
- Mapping of pre-existing forward export orders from SAP along with expectation of domestic sales forecasts
- Communicate forward customer requirements
- Build a packaging forecast model to allow the ordering of materials in advance of production
- Conduct staff training on all packing line equipment
- Develop and maintain an availability forecast based on packing capability, shelling plan and expected SF availability. Updated at least on a weekly basis and showing weekly expected stock availability by size and grade
- Review batch completion data of semi-finished goods vs above plan to produce in order for adjustments to be made to meet customer expectations
- Analyse semi-finished quality attributes in order to pick Almond bins for work order batch creation that will meet export forward contracts and Domestic customer requirements.
- Schedule the production plan with input from Packing Room Manager to maximise line rates, performance and efficiency.
Your Skills & Experience
Efficient and equipped with great problem-solving techniques, you'll have previous experience in a similar role with knowledge of FMCG.
To be successful in the role it's important you can address the following criteria:
- 5 years' experience working with SAP and Data analysis (preferred)
- HACCP, Quality Systems, OH&S compliance knowledge
- GMP knowledge
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Food or beverage processing/packaging experience
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing systems
- Driver's Licence (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Adaptable, flexible, honest and caring
- Take pride in your work
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Sai Yan on 0427 715 619 / Nick Marchant, 0476 884 936