Our client is a not-for-profit who conducts research, development, and marketing along the worldwide supply chain of the food and fiber industry on behalf of farmers across Australia.
Located in the Inner city of Sydney, our client is on the search to welcome an enthusiastic and passionate Project Officer to join their nurturing team in delivering their well-established sustainability program.
As the Project Officer, you will play a key role in liaising with funded researchers and consultants, levy payers and other stakeholders from participating industry bodies while collaborating with internal stakeholders in delivering flagship projects and programs within the research portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to –
- Monitor and review allocated projects progress by generating project milestone reports, project data and project completions through internal databases
- Assisting the Program Manager in coordinating and developing publications, factsheets, research findings and media releases relevant to the sustainable credential program
- Liaising with contractors and research providers, in drafting and executing legal documents, including project contracts, consultancies, non-disclosure agreements and purchase orders as required
- Managing and reviewing the budget in the program, while processing invoices, carrying out filing and performing other administrative tasks as required
- Delivering industry-related knowledge and updates which are supported by research findings to external stakeholders through various channels
Ideally, you are an outgoing and collaborative person with an eagerness to learn the agricultural industry in Australia. Detail oriented and well-communicated, your previous experience in project coordination will be highly regarded but not essential.
To be successful in this role, you will also have –
- Tertiary qualifications in Environment Science, Sustainability Studies or Agriculture Science
- Strong verbal and written communication
- 1 -2 years’ experience in project administration
- Knowledge/background in the Agricultural Sector
By joining the diverse and robust team based in the Sydney office, you will be exposed to various aspects of the business and be well-compensated for your commitment to the organization. Working benefits include –
- Hybrid work arrangements (2 days a week WFH)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dedicated Professional Development and Training
- Growth opportunity within the organization
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian & NZ agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Kelli McDougall – 0427 596 000 or Sai Yan – 0427 715 619