Our client is an exclusive producer and distributor of a leading brand of seed products in Australia. The company works closely with Australian farmers to develop hybrid products specifically for local environments.
The company is committed to providing farmers with the very best performing products and sharing their knowledge and expertise through its dedicated team of people.
Providing research technician services, you'll provide expert technical knowledge while undertaking research trials in agrology and providing key phenology support.
Delivering technical advice on hybrid characteristics and key agronomy activities to support positioning capabilities, you'll compile data for product technical sheets, agronomy updates and product planning meetings.
In reward for your outstanding contribution, you will enjoy being a part of a dynamic and welcoming team, that offers a great company culture, excellent renumeration with a company car and great incentives. Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Deliver expert technical knowledge and advice
- Conduct agronomy and phenology trials to support product positioning strategy
- Compile information for technical sheets, product planning meetings and other reporting
- Presentation development and delivery for product planning
- Provide technical support at field days
- Assist with trials, including site selection, preparation, seed packing, planting, irrigation, weed and insect control, pollinating, hand harvesting and shelling
- Utilise breeding and data analysis software
- Data interpretation and dissemination
- Actively uphold a culture of safety and work within the company's dedicated policies and processes
- Operate planting and harvesting machinery
- Design, collect, analyse, interpret and report on trial data to inform product line decision-making
- Ensure all field regulatory requirements of the Office of Gene Technology Regulator and Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority are met
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate is degree qualified in agriculture with a prior knowledge of product line management.
A great communicator, you'll come to the role with proven skills in a similar or related field and have the ability to successfully engage with a range of stakeholders.
You will enjoy being part of a successful team and have an authentic and positive attitude to the job. To be considered for the role, it's important you can prove your capability with the following:
- Degree in agriculture or related field (desirable)
- Demonstrated trial management experience
- Excellent relationship, planning and time management skills
- Proven ability to train and work with a range of stakeholders
- Valid Driver's License (essential) HC (preferred)
- Able to operate farm machinery (tractors etc)
- Sound computer skills
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian agribusiness. Our extensive digital network connects quality candidates to diverse and exciting roles with respected clients across Australia's agriculture sector.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Tim Chapman, Director, Agri Talent on 0499 184 555