Our client boasts an outstanding culture, they are also an industry leading rural supply, logistics and integrated transport business, listed on the ASX. With an extensive east coast network of 34 stores and depots, they pride themselves on providing end-to-end services to the food processing, food services, fresh produce, rural and horticultural industries through a customer centric approach.
Our client is forecasting considerable growth over the next few years and thus needing a Sales Agronomy champion with strong technical knowledge to be part of their expansion journey.
Your Next Role
This opportunity will see you joining the close-knit and empowering team at their branch based in the scenic region of Bundaberg. You will be responsible for promoting and selling the organizations products and services by further building on decade long relationships and providing on farm agronomic advice in relations to horticulture and irrigated cropping for key accounts.
Working closely with the Regional Manager, you will actively participate in securing and maintaining strong working relationships with vendor companies and their representatives to help farmers solve their on-farm challenges as a technical expert.
As a self-starter Sales Agronomist, you will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional customer service and analytical services where and when required i.e., soil tests, tissue tests, and crop checking
- Collaborate with the sales team in forecasting accurate product requirements, maintaining product margins, and meeting financial sales targets
- stablishing and maintaining effective working relationships with customers, colleagues, and management to reflect the company’s culture: safety, people focused, community-oriented and innovation
- Develop and diversify the current/potential customers businesses to ensure year-round revenue interdependent of seasonal changes
You will have a passion for agronomy, exceptional customer service and excellent relationship building capabilities. Ideally, you have worked in a similar role and have a sound understanding of agriculture products, farming challenges and chemicals.
Further to your interpersonal skills, you will have good commercial acumen and ability to continuously progress business opportunities. You will need to be a high-paced working environment where negotiation and communication skills are key.
To be considered for this role, you will have
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Background in horticulture, agronomy, or rural services
- Relevant tertiary education in Agronomy or Agricultural Science (preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License (Essential)
You will be well compensated for your drive and your hard work with benefits including
- Attractive salary package with an established bonus structure
- Car for work and personal use, plus fuel
- 38 – 43 hour work weeks
- Early finishes on Fridays
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for Australian and NZ agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information, please contact Nick Marchant, 0476 884 936 or Sai Yan, 0427 715 619