Our sister company, Agri Labour Australia is an award-winning agricultural recruitment company with clients in every state and territory, with our innovative and unique approach seeing us win Telstra Business of the Year, Australian Small Business Champion, and Best CSR Initiative awards.
Embracing diversity and encouraging a positive working environment for every team member, we're highly supportive of our staff and proud of the exceptional workplace culture we've developed in our eleven years of operation.
As a representative of many of Australia's leading agribusiness, we care for our employees in the same way we treat our clients and candidates - with respect and integrity.
On top of our superb working environment, our head office in the Fortitude Valley has been well-equipped with an outdoor BBQ area, tennis court and a newly renovated office space to welcome a Senior Payroll Officer to our finance team.
The business has 40+ staff and 1000+ on-hired candidates and works at 80+ locations nationally. The Payroll team of 6 is responsible for overseeing the efficient and effective operations of processing more than 70 payrolls on a weekly basis.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, you will be 2IC in managing the end-to-end payroll functions of our labour hiring business.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to -
- Processing some of the key client payrolls each week, which have sufficient complexity.
- Engaging with the key clients to ensure regular ongoing communication to resolve any day-to-day payroll issues identified
- Use and interpretation of multiple awards and EBA's
- Working with the payroll manager to identify areas of improvement within the end-to-end payroll process, and actively work on implementing these changes
- Assistance in setting up pay rules in the system as new clients are onboarded and testing prior to first pay run
- Working with the team to ensure the deduction process for candidates is managed accurately and efficiently
With previous payroll experience in high-volume blue-collar industries, you will ideally have an analytical and agile approach to your work. To be considered for the role, it is recommended that you address -
- Previous experience in processing high-volume payrolls
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
- It would be advantageous to have had previous experience with Astute Payroll
- Ability to problem solve and experience in process improvement
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and clients
- Experience in interpreting awards and complex EBA
At Agri Labour Australia, you will feel appreciated and valued for your work and contributions to the workplace. Benefits include:
- Career progression within the business
- A readily available training program
- Exceptional onboarding experience
- Flexible working arrangements
- Monthly social mixers
If you think this role is for you, please apply below and we ensure that all applications will be responded to within 24 hours.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Kelli McDougall - 0427 596 000.