Is a family owned business committed and extremely passionate about the Australian agriculture industry. In operation for over 50 years, they play an integral part in rural communities in supplying agriculture machinery and equipment, grounds care, parts and servicing.
They have an exceptional staff culture and are known for being a great employer.
As Service Supervisor, you are responsible for assigning and providing work direction to employees in the service department at our client's operations based in Dubbo. Working closely with the Territory Manager, you will recommend changes and improvements regarding service processes while effectively supporting repair and warranty work activities.
Providing diagnostic advice to technicians and apprentices, you will assist in the appraisal of repair work while also playing a key role performing repairs while guiding and mentoring your team.
This is a role with plenty of scope and offers a great opportunity to join a company that look after their staff and provide excellent working conditions.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Scheduling of service work according to priority
- Advising customers of necessary repairs and pricing/written estimates
- Supervision of workshop staff - attendance, assignment of jobs, inspection of work
- Ensure compliance with all warranty procedures
- Review of all repair orders for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure a safe, clean and tidy workshop environment
- Regular communication with the management teams
- Provide customers with relevant information on equipment care
- Mentoring for trade assistants, apprentices and junior service technicians
- Other duties as requested
Skills & Experience
This role is ideally suited to someone who is trade qualified (Heavy Vehicle/Diesel Fitting) with an excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
With solid time management abilities and a high standard of communication, to be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Previous experience in similar role - John Deere experience highly regarded but not essential
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- A good communicator who is willing to share their knowledge
- Driver's licence and forklift licence (highly regarded)
- Practical and hands on
- Ability to exercise sound judgement
- High level or written and verbal communication
- Honest, flexible and purposeful in your tasks
- Able to effectively work across geographically diverse teams
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information, please contact Jennifer McNamara, Principal Consultant, Agri Talent 0427 715 619