Established in 1824, our client is Australia's largest integrated cattle and beef producer and the oldest continuously operating company in Australia.
Today, they own and operate a range of properties, feedlots and farms comprising around 6.4 million hectares of land in Queensland and the Northern Territory and specialise in grain fed beef and Wagyu beef production.
They are currently looking for a Station Hand for their backgrounding and breeding property 15km out of Surat, with easy access to both Surat and Roma.
Carrying out a range general duties, this is a great role with plenty of diversity that will keep you busy and interested! You'll be across all areas of the Station, undertaking duties such as mustering and processing livestock, monitoring pastures, environment management, machinery operation and maintenance, general station duties and repairs.
Following a strict safety culture, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Carry out cattle husbandry duties - handle, draft, muster, treat and truck cattle in accordance with internal procedures
- Carry out duties in a planned way - following work schedules, organising materials and equipment prior to commencing work
- Operate machinery as required
- Manage horses and plant maintaining animal welfare and WHS standards at all times.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar position, with previous station experience. You'll have a range of skills that can be applied to most jobs, with great problem solving abilities and a 'can do' attitude.
To be considered for the role, it's important you can address the following criteria:
- Good cattle handling skills
- Current Drivers License (Heavy vehicle license where applicable)
- Demonstrated competency in all tasks reasonably required of a station hand
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, whilst working under pressure
- Mature and rational approach to problem solving
- Flexibility - able to meet changing requirements
- Initiative - ability to take quick action when required and actively pursue opportunities to make further contributions
- Teamwork - ability to work with other people towards a common goal, establish effective collaborative relationships with other people in the business
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Angus Harland, Consultant, Agri Talent: 0421 461 293