Established in 1824, our client is Australia’s largest integrated cattle and beef producer and the oldest continuously operating company in Australia.
Today, they own and operate a range of properties, feedlots and farms comprising around 6.4 million hectares of land in Queensland and the Northern Territory and specialise in grain fed beef and Wagyu beef production.
Our client is currently recruiting for a Machinery Operator / Station Hand on one of their intensive operations – Rewan Station. Rewan Station is located 200km North of Roma and 200km South of Emerald. This role will be a mixture of both heavy machinery operation and other station work. The role will include, but is not limited to:
- Machinery operation – including grader, dozer, loader etc.
- Maintain and service machines
- Mustering on horse OR motorbike
- Undertaking all aspects of animal husbandry and yard work
- Carry out workshop, infrastructure and vehicle maintenance
- Having the utmost respect for the animals, following animal welfare guidelines
- Follow and maintain WHS procedures
AACo provide their staff base with a number of benefits which set them apart from their competitors. This includes:
- All meals and accommodation provided
- Extremely competitive day rates
- On-station recreational activities for downtime
- Station social and sporting events
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar position, with previous cattle and station experience.
To be considered for the role, it’s important you can address the following criteria:
- Experience operating a range of earthmoving machinery
- Have the ability to muster on horseback or motorbike
- Previous experience in a similar role (desirable)
- Organisation skills and able to follow a daily/weekly work schedule
- A can-do attitude and ability to work hard
Choose Agri Talent
Agri Talent provides permanent recruitment and executive search services exclusively for
Australian agribusiness. We combine a proven, process-driven approach with the most
extensive digital network in agriculture to find your permanent people.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact Angus Harland, Recruitment Consultant, Agri Talent: 0421 461 293